Saturday, July 24, 2010

Being a Mommy

What a blessings being a Mommy is! Despite teething, fussing, changing diapers, 2:30 am feedings, lack of sleep, spit up on me, etc...it is such a blessing! Seeings a smile, a giggle, a cuddle, a peacefully sleeping baby, and all the new things he does each day! He is such a miracle! I mean really, can you believe that God allows us!! (darryl and madeline!!) to participate in the miracle of life?! Wow! I recently read this awesome book..."The Heart of Motherhood" by Donna-Marie Cooper O'Boyle with a group of girls at church and I was going back through it this am looking at pages I dog-eared and found this JPII Quote I love...
"It is a disservice not only to children but also to women and society itself when a woman is made to feel guilty for wanting to remain home and nurture and care for her children. It is also necessary to counter the misconcepiton that the role of motherhood is oppressive to women and that a commitment to her family, particularly to her children, prevents a woman from reaching personal fulfillment and from having an influence in society. No response to woman's issues can ignore a woman's role in the family or take lightly the fact that every new life is entrusted to the protection and care of the woman carrying it in the womb." -- Pope john Paul II

WOW! Powerful! There is a reaosn I am meant to feel that my place in raising my kiddos and caring for my hubby! God Made me that way! THANK YOU LORD!

Hug your kids today!

Blessings,
Madeline

No comments:

Post a Comment