Thursday, December 16, 2010

Graced & Gifted

So I just finished "Graced & Gifted" by Kimberly Hahn...AAAMazing...she is such a great writer!
So I am starting some New Years Resolutions a bit early based on this...
1) Rise Early
Begin my day with prayer, not just my typical quick little "Thanks for a new day Lord!" But dedicated time...while Caleb is still sleeping, Darryl is either still sleeping or off to the hospital. If I don't do it early in the morning, it doesn't get done, or it ends up being a rushed prayer time. I am making a little bag that has my Bible, Bible Study, book of prayers, journal, and current reading to hang on a chair in the dining room...then when my time comes I can creep into the kitchen and spend some time with the Lord, and easily put it all back...
Saint Josemaria Escriva says "Conquer yourself each day from the very first moment, getting up on the dot, at a set time, without granting a single minute to laziness. If, with the help of God, you conquer yourself in that moment, you'll have accomplished a great deal for the rest of the day" BYE BYE SNOOZE BUTTON! (I am the queen of snooze...just ask Darryl!)
"Let me hear in the MORNING of your merciful love, for in you I put my trust. Teach me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul." (Psalm 143:8)
"But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope: The steadfast love of the Lords never ceases, his mercies never come to an end; they are new every MORNING; great is your faithfulness. The Lord is my portion, says my soul, therefore I will hope in him." (Lamentations 3:21-24)

2) I will make take for sleep and exercise! I am going to make myself a little schedule (I will post it when I get it done) and those two will be included!
"Health and soundness are better than all gold, and a robust body than countless riches. There is no wealth better than health of body, and there is no gladness above joy of heart." (Sirach 30:15-16)

3) Darryl and I will date at least once a month. God has called us to Holy Matrimony and we need to make sure that we take the time to spend time with each other and really listen to each other...without background disturbances (ie Caleb)...babysitters needed =)

4) I will be satisfied with what I have accomplished each day...whether everything is crossed off the list or not...
"We face an impossible task, if it means that everything has to be finished every night. I do not think we can complete every task every day; God does not ask us to, because he does not ask us to do the impossible. That means this vocation is an opportunity to embrace humility in knowing that we cannot do it all...Jesus yielded his will to his Father. He accepted the limitations of his human body, which needed food and sleep."

5) I will be a better Homemaker
I will be a keeper of the home, guarding the precious treasures within. Each task will become a response to the Lord. HE is the one asking me to finish the laundry, vacuum, pick up the crying baby, feed the mouths...
I want our home to be a safe haven from the world, a beautiful place we all love to come to, a peaceful shelter where each member knows they are loved and precious!
"I am not the unpaid maid. I am the queen of the realm, the heart of my home."
"Like the sun rising in the heights of the LORD, so is the beauty of a good wife in her well-ordered home" (Sirach 26:16)

To Be Continued...
Blessings,
M

No comments:

Post a Comment