Monday, December 13, 2010

~Precious~

Today I had a dr. appt and got to hear the baby's heartbeat...it is just so miraculous! I just LOVE it! What a gift! God has so blessed us! Everything is good so far...just have to keep an eye on my blood pressure again this time around...

On another note...I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT CHRISTMAS! I don't know why...I guess because I am still a kid at heart...but I just LOVE Christmas time! I have so many fond memories. I was actually reading in this book "Graced & Gifted" by Kimberly Hahn (great book for mommies!!), and it sparked one of my best memories about Christmas...
My parents were so good about having anyone and everyone to our house for Christmas dinner. Dad always made a delicious and huge meal! (well, everyone pitched in, another fabulous memory: everyone in the kitchen!) The table was always full, not necessarily with family, yes, family was there, but so were people who had no family. Mom and Dad just took everyone in! What wonderful examples! "Finally, we may never know fully the consequences of extending hospitality by including people at our dinner table. The writer of Hebrews urges, 'Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares' (Hebrews 13:2)"
I hope you take the time to enjoy this advent/Christmas season...
Blessings,
M

1 comment:

  1. love you maddie, and i am so happy for you and darryl and big brother caleb. :) such a wonderful family you have, too.

    ReplyDelete