Thursday, April 7, 2011

Desires of MY heart

Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Psalm 37:4

I have always believed that God gives us desires, urges, gut feelings, etc. for a reason. Maybe that is his calling to us, maybe it just a wake-up call to listen to him and open my heart to him. Only god knows...
Lately I have had this strong desire to stay home with my little angels. Do not get me wrong, I LOVE my job. I love being able to help others, to care for them in their most vulnerable situations, to be able to be Christ's light to them in some of their darkest moments...but what about my babies, my husband, my home...I know God has made us women to have this desire for a reason. Who else will instill morals and values in my child? A daycare? A sitter? (ALthough, I do have the WORLD'S BEST!!! and such a blessed situation...)
So, then I think..."ok Madeline, what mom wouldn't dream to have your job?! I only work 3days every 2 weeks!" AND when I work either my wonderful hubby, or a best friend, who lives across the street, and loves on Caleb as if he were her own watches him!!!
I think its hard because I work 12-13hour shifts, I leave when C is still sleeping, and get home when he is about to go to bed. I am completely exhausted with nothing left to give when I get home, to either my husband or my precious boy.

All this being said...
I am thinking of starting an Etsy shop. I LOVE to sew! I just don't like the mess it makes in my room, its hard to sew things for little boys, and I have an OLD Singer...now I LOVE this machine, it sews a BEAUTIFUL straight line! (but thats about it!) SO i have propsed to Darryl to invest in my and help me buy a new fancy shmancy machine that does extra stuff...his counter-offer was for me to sell some stuff now with what I have, and after I prove I can do it, he will let me get the new one...SO i have been thinking about this non-stop for about a week now. I have this huge list of things I want to make with the new machine (that will do simple letters, applique, etc...) I want to make: shopping cart covers, Easter basket liners, Christmas stockings, burp rags, blankets, little girl dresses, baby shoes, onesies etc...ANYWAY, yes my imagination has been running wild! I love fabric, colors, ribbons, bows, etc! i think it could be so much fun! Darryl has even thought of letting me use part of that garage for this adventure so that it won't make such a huge mess in our room!

2 comments:

  1. I say do it!!!! You need to do what makes you happy and feel fulfilled. It is a huge step and big risk but I am sure that you have prayed on it and I believe in you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. girl, we need to talk. i could give you some advice on getting your name out there!

    ReplyDelete