Thursday, March 29, 2012

cleansed

Last night was our church's lenten penance service.  I love my faith!  I love confession.  I love forgiveness.  I love mercy.  I love peace. 
I am so unworthy of all of these, yet God loves me as his daughter and showers me with all of the above.  You cannot beat that overwhelming feeling of peace that you get after being absolved.  A huge sigh of relief, burdens lifted off your shoulders, a big embrace from God, our father.
We have the best babysitter/friends/neighbors ever (seriously, I will miss them in KC) who stayed with the boys so we could go to dinner and confession.  The wait was LONG, but we enjoyed being baby free, the silence, just listening to God and running to him like a child. 

I had my first meltdown about moving.  We ran into our Dr. there and I love her!  She came and gave us a hug and told me how much she would miss us.  I burst into tears.  I have been so blessed here.  Our church is wonderful.  So many families who are such examples to me, so many friends who I love and who love on me and my boys.  I am so excited about moving, this new adventure, but I will miss the comfort, the friends, the love that is here in Temple. 

In the confessional the priest spoke with me about seeing God throughout the day, making time for him, even if just a few minutes.  Great to hear, because for some reason I feel like I need 30 min or something to be able to spend time with him.  But no, just a few minutes is fine!  And he said that if I do this will see that God is truly with me, I don't have to do it alone. Phew, thank god! 

Enjoying this rainy day!
Blessings,





m

No comments:

Post a Comment